On this page, you will learn how to build an easy Reflective Panel for your Bucket Garden.
Video coming soon!
Start with a clean White Bucket, I use Home Depot buckets because they are inexpensive and easy to get (they will ship them to your house if you need them too).
In the spring, use a white reflective plastic behind the plants in the bucket to maximize your plants' light. The reflective panel also works well if there is a reflective building across from the Bucket Garden.
Use strips that have been cut from a white bucket, as it already fits the curve of the plant bucket.
1. Cut off the bottom of the bucket. Cutting from the side of the bucket and not from the bottom.
2. Draw three lines down the side of the bucket to make three reflectors.
Mark about 12 ½ inches around the top of the bucket.
Make one cut straight down the side.
3. About 12 ½ inches from the first line, make another line down the side of the bucket, which will produce one white reflector.
4. Cut two more 12 ½ inch panels from the remaining portion of the bucket to make two more white reflectors.
5. The three white reflectors are ready to be placed in three plant buckets.
6. Use sandpaper or a coarse scouring pad to clean off the edges.
Jigsaw with fine tooth blade
Stick or sandpaper